Pages

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

"Ooh, you make me live....

"Ooh you're the best friend that I ever had, I've been with you such a long time, You're my sunshine and I want you to know that my feelings are true, I really love you.....Oh you're my best friend"

I've always loved Queen and this song, in particular.  I'm such a girly girl, and I so love my girlfriends.  I believe that I truly was meant to be a friend to many and honestly, I'm the best secret keeper ever!!  (I really am, I swear!!)

Anyway, since my big "D", I have found that the girlfriends in my life have literally saved me from myself so many times that who knows where I'd be without them? God certainly has been good to me in this area, and I am very very blessed!  When I think of it, I almost get teary eyed.....my girlfriends have been my saving grace.  The same can be said for two girls I've met from work.

When I talk about work, I am talking about a part time job that I literally work from home, in a small 'office' with a desk, phone, a chair and a baby's crib.  Yup, a babies crib is often needed for me being a new grandma and it's home is in the same room as my desk. :)

And when I say work from home, I really am working as a telephone customer service agent from that baby crib office I wrote about.  The job is a real job and you have to 'sign in' on time to a virtual 'office'.  This virtual office also has supervisor's and manager's to help us 'agents' when we get stuck with problems we might run into in the course of our work day.

I like this job.  I really do.  There are a few negative things about it, but really, for me, in the long run, the positives out weigh the negatives.  While working in this Virtual Call Center we literally work with other people from all around the country.  You would think that it might be difficult getting to know anyone in this fashion, but quite frankly it's easy to get to know your co-workers personalities.

While working this past season, from Halloween, through Thanksgiving, as well as Christmas, I became friends with two girls from our virtual call center and quite honestly I would feel sad and all alone when I'd be working when they weren't scheduled.  One of my friends is from out west, and the other is a mid west girl like me.  I call these girls my friends, and they really are!  Matter of fact, I consider them truly great friends to me.  Not only that, but I really started feeling a terrible pain in my heart when the job season was starting to come to an end at Christmas!!  I often thought of my life without these girls and how much I knew I'd miss them!  Does that sound crazy?  We even started telling each other how much we meant to one another as the end of our season grew nearer.  Yup...we did this all by typing into a text box on the computer!  Funny, but real, true feelings!

One of the girls, my Midwest friend, actually signed online today and shared with me that she's got a interview tomorrow with the company for another season, which I'm assuming will be Mother's Day.  I'm so stoked and excited because I know she will be hired and I'll get to see her more often over the next few weeks.  Yay!!!  ....it's the little blessings like this that make my life more enjoyable!! 

When I say my prayers at night I pray for both of these ladies....my wonderful, seasonal, online BFF's!  How about you...have you met anyone online that means alot to you in your life?  Please share!  ♥



 

No comments:

Post a Comment